Emerging Enterprises Training Program
EGBI’s Emerging Enterprises Training Program is now available in two 6-week modules: Marketing, Sales & Customer Relations and Business Financials, Accounting & Taxes. You can register for both or for the one that better fits your needs. Topics are taught by local subject matter experts who have years of experience dealing with start-up businesses.
Upon graduation from any of the two modules, you will receive a free one-year membership to one of the minority chambers, you will have unlimited access to EGBI’s free consulting, and have access to special benefits from local community lenders who have partnered with EGBI to assist our graduates with their capital needs.
Registration fee is $125 per module. If you register for both modules, you will only pay $100/each. Scholarships and income-based discounts available!
Marketing, Sales & Customer Relations Module begins on April 10, 2017. Business Financials, Accounting & Taxes Module begins on May 22nd. Classes are held Monday and Thursday from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at EGBI.
Emerging Enterprises Training- Marketing, Sales & Customer Relations Module
EGBI’s enhanced marketing module is designed to help you develop your marketing plan. The program consists of eight sessions, a review and a final session where you will present an overview of your business plan.
- Personal Goals, Business Goals and The Importance of a Business Plan: Connect your personal goals with your business goals and learn how a business plan will help you reach them. You will develop a vision and mission for your business to ensure that it represents your passion, values and desires.
- Understanding your Customer: Understand client demographics and your customer needs. Begin formulating your outreach efforts by understanding where your clients work, live and play.
- Selling the Benefit: Work on practical exercises to begin understanding why your customer would want your service or product and how to articulate this idea. Begin formulating your elevator pitch to attract customers.
- Understanding your Competition: Understand how to compete in the market by studying your competition using tools such as Yelp.com.
- Pricing: Learn about different pricing methodologies and begin talking about break-even analysis to learn if your business idea is sustainable.
- Reach the Customer: Learn traditional marketing methods including: networking, business cards, flyers, newsletters, postcards and events.
- Reaching the Customer through Social Media: Learn how easy social media can be and how it can help you attract new clientele. This session will give an overview of different social media avenues, including: websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. How a business can best use these methods and how this marketing will affect the bottom line. Talk about Groupon and Living Social.
- Turning Marketing Techniques Into Sales: Learn how to understand your Return On Investments when it comes to different promotions that you might have. What happens when you have a sale or offer a promotion? How to determine if your event was successful.
Emerging Enterprises Training – Business Financials, Accounting and Taxes Module
In this module, you will develop a budget and learn basic accounting to be able to make informed business decisions.
- Personal Finances and Selecting a Business/Scope– Learn about the importance of organizing and developing your personal finances as will as obtaining an insight to personal credit. We will also help you to narrow their business ideas down in order to start your business.
- Business Organization – Discusses the different types of business structures, focusing on Sole-proprietor, Partnerships and LLC’s. We will discuss the pros and cons of each as well as the financial cost and liability associated with each one of them.
- Insurance and Your Plan – Learn about the different insurance options available to small businesses. The importance of having business insurance and how not having it can negatively affect business. We will also discuss the importance of a business plan and why all businesses should have one.
- Budgeting – Learn how to develop a start-up budget and a monthly budget, and we’ll discuss cash flow.
- Understanding Transactions – Discusses the flow of money from buying inventory and equipment, obtaining loans to selling our products/services, to providing /obtaining terms to clients/vendors.
- Accounting – Learn the importance of developing and analyzing financial statements.
- Taxes – Focus on Income Tax, Sales Tax, Self-Employment Tax and Payroll Taxes.
- Small Business Banking and Financing – Learn about what to look for in a bank and what financing options are available to start up businesses.