- This event has passed.
Emerging Enterprises Training – Business Financials, Accounting and Taxes Module
May 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$125
In this module, you will develop a budget and learn basic accounting to be able to make informed business decisions.
Classes are held Monday and Thursday, from 6 pm to 8 pm, for a total of 9 sessions.
The cost of the module is $125 but we offer income-based scholarships and discounts! Fill out the form and request a scholarship: http://egbi.formstack.com/forms/egbi_application
- Personal Finances and Selecting a Business/Scope– Learn about the importance of organizing and developing your personal finances as will as obtaining an insight to personal credit. We will also help you to narrow their business ideas down in order to start your business.
- Business Organization – Discusses the different types of business structures, focusing on Sole-proprietor, Partnerships and LLC’s. We will discuss the pros and cons of each as well as the financial cost and liability associated with each one of them.
- Insurance and Your Plan – Learn about the different insurance options available to small businesses. The importance of having business insurance and how not having it can negatively affect business. We will also discuss the importance of a business plan and why all businesses should have one.
- Budgeting – Learn how to develop a start-up budget and a monthly budget, and we’ll discuss cash flow.
- Understanding Transactions – Discusses the flow of money from buying inventory and equipment, obtaining loans to selling our products/services, to providing /obtaining terms to clients/vendors.
- Accounting – Learn the importance of developing and analyzing financial statements.
- Taxes – Focus on Income Tax, Sales Tax, Self-Employment Tax and Payroll Taxes.
- Small Business Banking and Financing – Learn about what to look for in a bank and what financing options are available to start up businesses.