By Olivia Yang
Google Voice is a telephone service that provides users a second phone number for use through your web browser. There are key advantages to using Google Voice for your business.
- Device Variety
Google Voice can be used through a variety of devices– including laptops, iPads, and more– meaning you do not need to rely on only your phone to make and answer calls.
Google Voice is completely free for calls over WiFi to the United States, Mexico, and Canada and charges a slight per minute rate for international calls, depending on the country.
- Voicemail Transcriptions
Google Voice allows users to automatically transcribe voicemails into text, removing the hassle of audio voicemails.
Google Voice for Business Benefits (for those subscribed to Google Workplace)
- Synced Communications
Because Google Voice operates through the cloud, calls are synced to all Google Voice devices. This means that as long as you are online, you will never miss a call. You can also transfer calls between devices.
- Google Calendar Integration
Google Voice has the option to sync with Google Calendar– meaning calls made when you are out-of-office will automatically be sent to voicemail.
Interested? To sign up for Google Voice, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your gmail account and go to voice.google.com.
- Enter your city and state to claim a phone number.
- Verify your new number using your current phone number, which will be linked to your account.
- You’re in! Now, you can use Google Voice to make and receive calls, send messages, and more.