Frequently Asked Questions
How much do you charge?
Right now, EGBI has a contract with the City of Austin and residents of Central Texas can take advantage of this benefit.
Service Cost Current Cost with subsidy from the City of Austin
Will I have a complete business plan when I finish the PLAN workshop series?
It all depends on you. Each class you will be given homework that will help you to complete your business plan. At the end of the program, you will have an outline or “mini plan” that will help you to complete your plan.
Do I need to take your class to start my business?
Absolutely not. Even if you don’t take our classes, we are more than willing to review your plan for you and provide input.
When are your classes?
Our business workshop series meets on Tuesdays and/or Thursday from 6:30 – 8:30 pm depending on the language of the series.
Additionally, we have other workshops throughout the year. Visit our calendar to see our upcoming schedule.
Will your class guarantee I get a business loan?
No, our class will not guarantee you will get a business loan. However, we do have partnerships with the lenders who have special programs and pricing for our clients.
Why do I need a business plan?
Consider your business plan as the road to success. A business plan will contain your business goals, the reasons why those goals are attainable, and how you will reach them.
Where can I find a good attorney?
There are several legal resources available here in Austin. To search for an attorney visit.
Lawyer Referral Services of Central Texas – (512) 571-8303
Legal Assistance to Microenterprises Project – (888) 988-9996
Also, EGBI has several attorneys that work with small businesses.
Where can I get a copy of my credit report?
Everyone should review his or her credit report on an annual basis regardless of whether you are trying to start a business.
- Annualcreditreport.com – will provide you with the detailed report no score
- Creditkarma.com – will provide you with your score.
- YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. Unless you want to have your report monitored.
Where can I find out information about getting my product trademark?
- The United State Patent and Trademark Office has several resources for you to learn about how to obtain a trademark.
- Basic Information
- Database search
What do I need to get a business loan?
Each financial institution differs on their requirements. Below is a list of general items you will need to obtain financing. Check with your financial institution to see if they require additional information.
- Business Plan (if the business is less than 2 yrs old)
- Bank Statements – for personal and business
- Last 3 years tax returns – for personal and business
- Most recent financial statements for the business
- Personal Financial Statement
- List of how funds will be used
Where do I go to register my business?
Depends on how you want to register your business.
- If you are interested in forming a Sole Proprietorship. You will need to go to your County Clerk’s office.
• Travis County Clerk’s office
5501 Airport Blvd Austin Texas 78751
(512) 854-9188• Hays County Clerk’s Office
712 S. Stagecoach Trail, San Marcos, Texas 78666
• Williamson County Clerk’s Office
405 Martin Luther King St Georgetown, TX 78626
If you are interested in forming an LLC or a Corporation you will need to submit forms with the Secretary of State.
- EGBI recommends that you consult with an attorney to assist you with filing your documents.
- Depending on the complexity of your documents an attorney will charge you between $1,000 – $2,000
If your question is not here, and you would like to reach out to us directly, you can do so by calling (512) 928-2594 or you can send an email to email@example.com
You can also visit us at 1144 Airport Blvd #260, Austin, TX 78702 Monday to Thursday from 10 am to 6 pm. Or call on Fridays from 10 am to 6 pm (Fridays our team works remotely unless we have a prescheduled appointment).
Contact Form (Forma de Contacto)
Follow us on Social Media