Corridor Construction Program Workshop for Businesses
Tue, October 16, 2018 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Mobility, safety and connectivity improvements are planned for nine major Austin roadways. The City of Austin Corridor Program Office and the Austin Chamber of Commerce are hosting workshops for businesses located along those roadways to request their input in preparation for construction. The improvements are funded in part by the voter-approved 2016 Mobility Bond and are part of the Corridor Construction Program that Austin City Council adopted in spring 2018. Attendees will also have an opportunity to review improvements coming to each corridor and speak with project team members.
Join us for one of the three Sessions on October 16. The same information and input opportunities will be available at each of the three times listed below. Please RSVP by selecting the ticket cooridinating to the session you plan to attend so we can adequetly prepare.
SESSION 1: 10-11:30 a.m.
SESSION 2: 2-3:30 p.m.
SESSION 3: 5:30-7 p.m.
The corridors in the Corridor Construction Program are:
- North Lamar Boulevard from US 183 to Howard Lane/I-35
- Burnet Road from Koenig Lane to Mopac Expressway
- Airport Boulevard from North Lamar Boulevard to US 183
- East MLK Jr. Boulevard/FM 969 from US Hwy. 183 to Decker Lane
- South Lamar Boulevard from Riverside Drive to Ben White Boulevard/US 290
- East Riverside Drive from Riverside Drive to SH 71
- Guadalupe Street from MLK Jr. Boulevard to West 29th Street
- William Cannon Drive from Southwest Parkway to McKinney Falls Parkway
- Slaughter Lane from FM 1826 to Vertex Boulevard
FINANCIAL EDUCATION FRIDAYS WITH BBVA COMPASS
PeopleFund will be hosting a series of free workshops called Financial Education Fridays under BBVA Compass Center’s Pilot Program. The goal of this program is to provide free financial education, which includes classes on small business and personal finance.
We will be offering a series of workshops in different PeopleFund offices, including:
- Austin -2921 E. 17th Street Building D Suite 1
- Dallas – 2801 Swiss Ave. Suite 120
- Fort Worth – 1150 South Freeway, Suite 129
- Houston – 2101 South Street Suite 127
- Edinburg – 300 S. Closner Blvd. Ste. 1
Tue, October 30, 2018 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Pricing is the fastest and most effective way for companies to increase profitability. Studies show that a 1% increase in pricing has a greater positive impact on profitability than does a 1% increase in sales volume or a 1% decrease in costs. Unfortunately, too many companies do not think tactically about pricing and do not effectively price for profitability. This workshop is designed to help small business owners and managers to understand common mistakes that companies make in pricing and learn best pricing practices that will enable them to maximize company profitability.
This class is taught by a University of Texas Instructor and counts toward the 6 course requirement needed to earn your Business Skills Certification.