By Alison Flangel
In the age of modern technology, it is easy to get confused. Photos are an essential part of not only our personal lives, but also for our businesses. Images are essential to get consumers excited about a product or a customer wanting to move forward with a project. These pictures are needed to represent a company’s product/service in their marketing from printed material to a businesses website and social media platforms. Without being able to transfer photos from mobile phones to computers, marketing would be nearly impossible. Below are ways transfer the photos to your computer.
TRANSFERRING PHOTOS FROM AN IPHONE TO A MACBOOK:
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac with a USB cable. USB Cables can be purchased through Apple, or at any universal technology store such as Best Buy.
- Open the Photos app on your computer. This should appear on the dock of your computer, or can be found through searching in the finder.
- The Photos app shows an Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on your connected device. If the Import screen doesn’t automatically appear, click the device’s name in the Photos sidebar.
- If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode. If you see a prompt on your iOS or iPadOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust to continue. This is simply giving your Computer reassurance that it can trust your personal device.
- Choose where you want to import your photos. Next to “Import to,” you can choose an existing album or create a new one.
- Select the photos you want to import and click Import Selected, or click Import All New Photos.
- Wait for the process to finish, then disconnect your device from your Mac.
TRANSFERRING PHOTOS FROM AN IPHONE TO A WINDOWS PC:
You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using the Windows Photos app:
- Update to the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later. To update, simply go to the settings of your iTunes are press “Check for Updates”.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable. USB Cables can be purchased through Apple, or at any universal technology store such as Best Buy.
- If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode.
- If you see a prompt on your iOS or iPadOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust or Allow to continue. This is simply giving your Computer reassurance that it can trust your personal device.
- Then, visit Microsoft’s website to learn how to import photos to the Windows Photos app in Windows 10.
- When you import videos from your iOS or iPadOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in the Windows Photos app. This is likely because of the formatting change that happens when changing softwares. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.
TRANSFERRING PHOTOS FROM AN ANDROID PHONE TO A WINDOW PC:
- Unlock your phone.
- With a USB cable (USB Cables can be purchased through Apple, or at any universal technology store such as Best Buy), connect your phone to your computer.
- On your phone, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification. This will pop up on your phone screen.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
- A file transfer window will open on your computer. Use it to drag files.
- At this point, you can drag and drop the photo files that you desire onto your computer.
- When you’re done, eject your phone from Windows and unplug the USB cable.
TRANSFERRING PHOTOS FROM A SAMSUNG PHONE TO A WINDOW PC:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a Samsung USB cable. If you use a USB C to USB C cable you may need an alternative cable or an adapter, depending on the PC you are connecting to. A Samsung USB cable can be purchased from any mobile phone manufacturer, or technology stores such as Best Buy.
- If asked to Allow access to phone data? Tap “Allow” to accept.
- Once connected, swipe down from the top of the screen to access your notifications.
- Tap on the notification from the Android System. It will say Tap for other USB options, after doing so, tap on the option that allows Transferring files or Transferring images.
- Now that your smartphone has a transfer connection it will appear on your PC as an available drive.
- You can find your device on the PC by opening your File Explorer and looking down the left hand column. You can also search under Devices and drives.
- Click on your device to open it.
- Click on your device again.
- If you have an SD card it will appear here.
- You will be able to see all the files you have stored on your phone. Your photos can be found in the DCIM folder.
- Select the photos that you wish to transfer and drag and drop them into a folder that is saved on your PC.