By Monica Peña
Are you wanting to start a cleaning business, but don’t know where to begin? Below are helpful tips to successfully launch the company.
- Get experience. If you have not already worked in a cleaning business, there are many aspects of the business that may not be clear. Industry rules related to areas from chemicals to customer service can be less straight forward than anticipated.
- Register the business. Registering your business establishes it as a legal entity which helps the owner have limited personal liability, receive funding, and create a brand that is recognizable to customers.
- Create a business plan. A business plan can help with all aspects of your start up from potential problems, pricing to explaining the concept for your business. It is a road map to the success of your business.
- Fund your business. Figure out a budget and how the cleaning business will be financed.
- Decide on the niche of the company. Choose the specialty of the work whether it is to clean commercial, residential, or after construction jobs. Determine certain area of Austin or surrounding towns that the business will concentrate.
- Build a marketing plan. This includes creating a strong brand with name, logo, and figuring out how to communicate the niche of the company. Design a plan to communicate with potential clients, customers, and territories.
- Take advantage of resources available for your new business. EGBI provides training, coaching, and support to aspiring and existing business owners who face barriers to growing a successful business. Staff helps connect business owners with different business tools and outside resources.
Contact us to meet with a business coach that can help guide you through your small business journey. To get started, register HERE.