By Alison Flangel
Nextdoor is a social networking platform that allows individuals within a community to connect with one another. Nextdoor is a great place for businesses to connect with their valued and local clientele. Business owners can create Nextdoor Business Pages for advertising local deals, posting announcements to their neighborhood, sharing links, and most importantly egnanging with nearby customers.
HOW TO CREATE A NEXTDOOR BUSINESS PAGE:
- Visit https://business.nextdoor.com/local and select the “Sign up for Free” or “Claim your Free Business Page”
- Create an account, or log in to an existing account to manage your new business page using the email and password you already have. If you are claiming a business page on a mobile device, the account you are signed into will automatically be used. By connecting your business and personal accounts, you will be able to switch between
accounts without having to log out each time. Keep in mind, you should not connect your personal account with your business account if you plan to share your business login information with employees.
- To create a new business account (that is not connected at all to your personal one) select “Sign Up” under the green login button
- To connect your NEW business account to your Personal Nextdoor account, sign in with your personal account email address and password
- To add an additional business page to an existing business account, sign in with your existing business account email address and password
Once you have created or signed into your business account …
- Enter in the name of your business and click “Next”
- Enter your business address and click “Next”
- Enter the email address that you would like to be contacted at, as well as phone number and website link
- Select the category that best describes your business and tap on “Claim Page”
- You now have access to edit your business page at any time, view and respond to recommendations, and create ads. Click on the “Your Page” tab on the menu panel to upload a business logo, business hours, photos, and more.
HOW TO VERIFY YOUR BUSINESS PAGE:
It is essential that you verify your business page so individuals know that your page is trustworthy. To verify your business, your association with the business is confirmed by a text or call to the business’s phone number that is in Nextdoor’s records.
- After selecting your business page from search results, select either “Text” or “Call” and enter the verification code that you receive
- Review the information that is currently on file for your business, update if necessary
- If there was not a number for your business in Nextdoor’s records, or if the verification has failed, you must submit a government-issued document to Nextdoor support
HOW TO SUBMIT A VERIFICATION DOCUMENT …
- Login to your business account
- Click on the logo on the top right of the page
- Click on the “Settings” button
- If your business is unverified, you will see an option to select “Submit Verification
- Select “Add Document” to attach your verification documents. You may attach up to two
- Once successfully uploaded, click “Submit”
TIPS FOR USING NEXTDOOR BUSINESS:
- With a free Nextdoor Business Account, users can create two free posts per-month.
Posts can be used to advertise new products, or highlight special offers that are going
on. Consider marking this down in your calendar every month, so you do not miss the
opportunity to capitalize on these two free posts.
- Take advantage of the categories on Nextdoor! There are categories such as lost and
found, which can be used if something was left at your business by a consumer.
- Interacting with customers is the most important aspect of Nextdoor. If people leave
comments on your page, be sure to respond. Additionally, reach out to customers who
leave both good and bad reviews.